Well happy Sunday to you! When summer comes along, I’m a huge fan of massive salads, specially ones featuring grilled chicken, grapes, blue cheese, bacon, and walnuts. This salad was inspired while I was at a conference in the beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I’ve been eating it on and off since then, and just restocked on the items so I can have it this week. Hope you enjoy it!
Grilled Chicken & Grape Salad
- 2 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 2 TBSP of chopped walnuts
- 1 piece of bacon crumbled
- 1 TBSP of blue cheese
- 10 grapes halved
- 1 small piece of grilled chicken, marinaded in balsamic and olive oil, cut into cubes
- equal parts of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl, then layer on walnuts, bacon crumbles, blue cheese, grapes, and grilled chicken. Lastly, give a few shakes of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Start with less dressing, and add more if needed. Mix it all together.
Hope this is the perfect salad to beat this hot summer! 🙂